State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division Of Motor Vehicles

Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Children's Trust Plates                                             


Children's Trust Plates

Children's Trust license plates are available for use on motor vehicles.

The vehicle on which the Children's Trust plates are used must be currently registered. There is a fee of $100.00 for the plates, which is charged at the time of initial issuance, as well as when replacing lost, damaged or stolen plates. The plates remain with the applicant and are transferable from one vehicle to another with a short application and transfer fee of $5.00.

To apply for Children's Trust license plates, you may request them from any Division of Motor Vehicles office. Complete an application (see above link) and forward it to the address listed below, along with a personalized check or a money order in the amount of $100.00. Only the registered owner of the vehicle may sign the application.

plgift.gif (34973 bytes)

NOTE: The actual plates have KID as the first 3 letters of the plate.


Gift certificates are available if you would like to purchase the plates for a friend. The gift certificates are non-refundable once they are issued. You may purchase a gift certificate at any DMV office, or request one by sending a request and $100.00 personalized check or money order to:

State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
Attn: Children's Trust Plates
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Anchorage AK 99503-3600

For more information on the Alaska Children's Trust (ACT), please see

REV. 8/30/05