Policy, Principles and Procedures
The State of Alaska is committed to building and maintaining a culture of superior customer service, exceptional individual and team performance, and excellence in leadership. Thus, an employee recognition program will be implemented that recognizes individual and team performance in these areas.
- Link recognition to the State, Department and/or Division’s mission goals and objectives. Recognition decisions must be aligned with the guiding principles of the Department.
- Provide equity in the distribution of recognition. All employees should be given equal opportunity to be recognized for the results of their work.
- Involve coworkers, customers, and partners in recognition decisions. They often have an awareness of the contribution that an employee makes.
- Emphasize team recognition. Team recognition encourages team work and fosters cooperation needed to address the many complex issues faced by State employees. This award is meant to recognize one specific group of individuals within a division or program who worked over and beyond their duties and responsibilities to fulfill the mission of the organization.Nominations that include entire programs, divisions, or departments are not appropriate.
- Provide public recognition for state employees through press releases announcing nominees and award winners.
- Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility for statewide awards will be articulated by specific award category. Any individual who is employed by the State of Alaska Executive Branch is eligible to be nominated.
- Award Categories: There are five award categories, with a total of seven awards including team and individual awards.