Nomination and Award Procedures:
- Nominations may be made by any employee, including self-nomination, or by a member of the public. Nominations for award must be received on the official nomination form. In order to be considered,a nomination form must have all appropriate signatures in place.
- Nominations must be submitted through the nominated employee’s chain of command for review and signature. Nomination forms submitted for award consideration must have been approved by the Division Director and the Commissioner (or their designees) of the employing department or the Chief of Staff for the Governor’s Office.
- Nomination forms must be complete and contain enough detail for the selection committee to make a recommendation to the Governor’s Office. The data recorded on the nomination form will service two purposes: (1) to provide enough information for the selection committee to make award recommendation; and (2) to share information for public recognition purposes. Maximum word limit per nomination is five hundred words per nomination form.
- Completed nomination forms must be sent to the Director of Personnel & Labor Relations in the Department of Administration from the employee’s department representative. The Director’s office will coordinate the activities of the selection review committee. The schedule for the nomination and award process, including due dates for all nomination forms will be announced annually.
- Departments may submit nominations for any category of award. If the award category contains both individual and team awards, the department may submit a nomination for one or both of the categories. The number of nomination per department per award vary according to the size of the department:
Number of Positions Number of Nominations per award category 0 - 999 1 1000 - 1999 2 2000 + 3
- Nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will be chaired by the Director of Personnel & Labor Relations or his/her designee. The Selection Committee will consist of one representative from each department and one representative from the Governor’s Office.
- The Selection Committee will review the nomination forms and make recommendations to the Governor’s Office. The Governor’s Office will make the final award decisions.
- There will be one overall winner in each category, and up to three honorable mentions in each award category. All nominees will be recognized publically on the Division of Personnel & Labor Relations website and through their departmental award and recognition process.
- The award recipient will be honored at a ceremony hosted by the Governor’s Office.
- Award winners will receive an award from the Governor and a certificate outlining their achievements. Individual awards will not exceed $200.00. Team awards will not exceed $200.00 per team member; $1500 per team. All nominees will receive a certificate .
- The cost of the awards and the ceremony will be split between all agencies .
0 - 999:
- Governor’s Office
- Education and Early Development
- Environmental Conservation
- Military & Veterans Affairs
- Public Safety
- Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
1,000 - 2,000:
- Fish and Game
- Labor and Workforce Development
- Natural Resources
- Health and Social Services
- Transportation & Public Facilities
Total Number of Nominations Possible: 192