With the implementation of IRIS HRM as a new payroll system the information that gets entered for the evaluated time has changed. With these changes we have updated the paper timesheet that is provided to Departments for their (optional) use. Below is a link to the updated timesheet and a list of the features that have been changed, as well as a reference for important event codes.
DOP Provided Timesheet (XLSX) Last updated: 11/03/2017
- Timesheets must be approved by a Supervisor or designated authority to be submitted.
- Timesheets must be submitted in a timely manner at the end of a pay period.
- Leave Slips must be approved by a Supervisor or designated authority and should be submitted with the Timesheet.
- Overtime eligible Employees must fill out a Timesheet with Time In / Time Out listed.
- Overtime exempt Employees must report leave usage or lack thereof to their Timekeepers. A hard copy Timesheet is not required, unless there is a business reason i.e. financial coding, alternate workweek, etc. Please note: Overtime exempt Employees doing time entry through ESS must fill out and submit a timesheet.
- If an Employee is unavailable to sign their Timesheet then a Supervisor or designated authority can submit on their behalf. The Timesheet should say "not available" on the Employee signature line.
Updated Timesheet Features
- Home Unit is replacing both the Payroll RD and the Division on this new Timesheet since it is the information that will be used within IRIS HRM.
- Dates are listed across the top, instead of down the side. This follows the format that is seen in IRIS HRM when entering Timesheets.
- The Start / Stop Times are vertical instead of horizontal as a result of the change in the date position. The information to the far left is just a reference guide that employees can use to mark a standard day, it is not required. The Timesheet will then automatically total the hours worked based on the Start / Stop Times entered.
- Time in IRIS HRM is recorded in HOUR:MINUTES. So from here on forwarded an average work day will show as 07:30 and no longer show as 7.5 on the Timesheet.
- The Event Codes are listed on the left hand side of Timesheet on the bottom half, along with the Event Code Description. The time entry at the top calculates the total time worked and then those hours should be spread out across the various Event Codes on the bottom half. These need to be entered in HOUR:MINUTES or it will not calculate correctly. So if someone worked 3 hours and took 4.5 hours of leave. Then on the line for 100 - Regular Pay they would like 3:00 and under the appropriate line for their leave they would list 4:30.
- In IRIS HRM there is a place to designate that an event line should be paid out of a different Labor Distribution Profile than normal or enter an Accounting Override in the Timesheet itself in system. The LDP Override / REF# on the Timesheet is where this information can be recorded, either by putting in the Labor Distribution Profile code or the Accounting Override Code.
- 959 COMP TIME and 944 FLEX TIME does not get entered on the Timesheet in IRIS HRM, but actually requires a separate action taken by DOP Payroll. 959 COMP TIME is listed as a completely separate line on the paper Timesheet and 944 FLEX TIME will be submitted using the Flex Time Tracking sheets.
Important Event Codes
|Event Code||Event Description|
|165SK||Personal Sick Leave|
|152||Excess Sick Leave|
|953||Voluntary Leave Without Pay|
|962||Disciplinary Leave Without Pay|
|954||Unauthorized Leave Without Pay|