State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division of Finance

Alaska Department of Administration, Division of Finance
Administration >  Division of Finance >  Travel >  Services Info & Standards >  Services & Requirements


E-Travel Services & Requirements

Updated November 1, 2014

When is E-Travel Required?

  • Booking travel on scheduled air carriers
  • Reserving rental cars
  • Full service travel arrangements that include air, hotel, and/or car

Air travel for all state funded executive branch travelers, including board and commission members, clients, witnesses, etc. is arranged by E-Travel.

Use E-Travel Online when possible. Create your own prelim by using the research option and email the itinerary to the approver and/or traveler. Once approved, a ticket is purchased using E-Travel Online. A final itinerary will be sent to the emails in the travel profile.

Alternatively call the travel management contractor (TMC) at 1-866-762-8728 or 907-500-4292 to make a reservation. A preliminary or final itinerary will be sent depending on approval status.

When is E-Travel optional?

The E-Travel Office can be used for these types of travel, at the department's option.

  • Arrangements for travel that commences within 4 hours
  • Air only on designated rural carriers
  • Charters
  • Bus only
  • Ferry only
  • Hotel only
  • Conference hotels
  • Lodging not available in E-Travel Online
  • Changes to travel plans while in travel status

For rural air travel to Alaska communities that are not serviced by Alaska Airlines, ERA/RAVN, or Pen Air and do not include commercial lodging or car rental, the use of E-Travel is optional, ONLY when travel is booked on one of the following carriers and a State form of payment is used.

  • Alaska Air Transit
  • Alaska Seaplanes
  • Bering Air
  • Events Air
  • Grant Aviation
  • Hageland Aviation
  • Homer Air
  • Pacific Airways
  • Promech Air
  • Ryan Air
  • Smokey Bay Air
  • Taquan Air
  • Warbelow's Air Ventures
  • Wings of Alaska
  • Wright Air Service
  • Yute Air

NOTE: Rural carries not listed above must be booked through the E-Travel. Once an airline reservation is booked with or modified by an airline, the E-Travel Office no longer has the ability to make further changes or provide other assistance on that itinerary or to reconcile the billing with the carrier.

What services are not available through E-Travel?

  • Paper complimentary first class upgrades
  • Using Companion Coupons for non-State business
  • Personal credit card as a form of payment
  • Routing change on a personal deviation
  • Hotel direct bills
  • Complimentary upgrades that are paper must be presented at the airport. The travel agency can process upgrades if they are in E-certificate format as well as MVP and MVP Gold status upgrades.

Routing changes/personal deviation and personal credit cards policies are outlined in AAM 60.080.

Hotels require a direct bill application from the requestor before authorizing this type of payment.

How do I request a "State-authorized fare quote" for a trip that has already happened?

  • Create an itinerary for the State authorized travel and save as research in E-Travel Online, or
  • Send an email to request a fare quote for the State authorized travel. (A full agent assisted fee applies. Deduct the fee from traveler's reimbursement.) Include the following in the email:
    • Put "PAST DATE FARE REQUEST" in the subject line
    • Profile name
    • Name of traveler
    • Dates, times, and destinations of original State authorized travel
    • Date trip was authorized (this will provide the agent with any advance purchase information)

How do I request research services?

Travel agency staff can assist State agencies with billing and service issues between State and travel providers.

Fees may apply to this service.

Please contact the ETMT with any questions regarding these standards.