E-Travel Services & Requirements
Updated November 23, 2015
When is E-Travel Required?
- Booking travel on scheduled air carriers
- Reserving rental cars
- Full service travel arrangements that include air, hotel, and/or
Air travel for all state funded executive branch travelers,
including board and commission members, clients, witnesses, etc.
is arranged by E-Travel.
Use E-Travel Online when possible. Create your own prelim by using the
research option and email the itinerary to
the approver and/or traveler. Once approved, a ticket is purchased using
E-Travel Online. A final itinerary will be sent to the emails in
the travel profile.
Alternatively call the travel management contractor (TMC) at 1-866-762-8728 or 907-500-4292 to
make a reservation. A preliminary or final
itinerary will be sent depending on approval status.
When is E-Travel optional?
The use of E-Travel is optional for itineraries to rural communities that are served by one of the following carriers and do not include segments operated by Alaska Airlines, RAVN Alaska, or PenAir. Rural carriers that are not included in the list below must be booked through an E-Travel agent to ensure certificate and licensing requirements have been met and are current.
- Alaska Air Transit
- Alaska Seaplanes
- Bering Air
- Events Air
- Grant Aviation
- Hageland Aviation
- Homer Air
- Pacific Airways
- Promech Air
- Ryan Air
- Smokey Bay Air
- Taquan Air
- Warbelow's Air Ventures
- Wright Air Service
- Yute Air
What services are not available through E-Travel?
- Paper complimentary first class upgrades
- Using Companion Coupons for non-State business
- Personal credit card as a form of payment
- Routing change on a personal deviation
- Hotel direct bills
- Complimentary upgrades that are paper must be presented at the
airport. The travel agency can process upgrades if they are in
E-certificate format as well as MVP and MVP Gold status upgrades.
Routing changes/personal deviation and personal credit cards
policies are outlined in AAM 60.080.
Hotels require a direct bill application from the requestor before
authorizing this type of payment.
How do I request a "State-authorized fare quote" for a trip that
has already happened?
- Create an itinerary for the State authorized travel and save as
research in E-Travel Online, or
- Send an email to request a
fare quote for the State authorized travel. (A full agent assisted
fee applies. Deduct the fee from traveler's reimbursement.)
Include the following in the email:
- Put "PAST DATE FARE REQUEST" in the subject line
- Profile name
- Name of traveler
- Dates, times, and destinations of original State authorized
- Date trip was authorized (this will provide the agent with any
advance purchase information)
How do I request research services?
Travel agency staff can assist State agencies with billing and service
issues between State and travel providers.
Fees may apply to this service.
Please contact the ETMT with any
questions regarding these standards.